Thursday, March 6, 2014

Avocado Salad Dressing (What??)


While perusing through my Tone It Up nutrition plans, a recipe for an avocado salad dressing caught my eye.  I have always been a fan of creamy dressings such as Ranch, and have loathed most vinaigrette.  They hurt my mouth, its too acidic.  From experience, I knew that avocados were creamy and delicious, so I immediately made just one serving of this dressing to try it out.  This recipe does call for vinegar, but since my mouth is sensitive, I only put 75% of what the recipe calls for.  This ensures that the vinegar isn’t overwhelming, but there is enough acidity to balance the oil, and keep the avocado nice and green. It was amazing! And so much healthier for our bodies then you’re typical Ranch.  Finding this recipe was so exciting.  Generally my intentions for salads are always pure, but I am no stranger to ruining those efforts with unhealthy creamy dressings, even if served on the side.  Now salads are truly guilt free, and I urge you to try this recipe!  This dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week, so don’t make too much at one time (I speak, again, from experience!)


Shopping List!
1 Avocado
4 tbs grapeseed oil
3 tbs rice vinegar
4 tsp honey
a few pinches of sea salt





Add all ingrediants into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy!
You're welcome :)



No comments:

Post a Comment