Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Holy Lifestyle Change, Batman!



Id like to think I have a pretty healthy life style.  I exercise pretty regularly, feel adequately guilty when I miss a work out, eat tons of vegetables, and drink half my body weight in oz of water a day.  Boom! Hello gorgeous.  I wouldn't classify myself as over weight, but every time I see a photo of myself I can't help but think "hmmm, I could drop a few pounds/tone up a bit/start wearing make up" etc.  These thoughts tend to attract me towards self improvement motivators such as Tone It Up, for example.

Well last night, under the influence of one (read: 1) glass of Pino Noir, I decided to drop a gorgeous penny on the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan.  The hook that really got me was that it was a one time fee, and I would have a LIFETIME membership, with continual updates.  I didn't realize at the time, but its beginning to sink in that I purchased a complete lifestyle change.

Once I received the email with the link to download all my materials, I immediately began to go through the nutrition guide.  I spent all my money on the plan, but I wanted see what kind of groceries I would be buying next week once I got paid. (it helps to be prepared in life).  See? I have my own 7 day slim down plan: spend all your money so you can't afford to eat for a week!

Since Ive been going to bed earlier lately, I went to sleep last night before I had really gone through everything.  Once I woke up, I immediately wanted to rummage through everything again.  Finally it clicked why I wasn't getting the hang of it right away: I was trying to fit the plan to my life as it is already.  The plan wants me to do 30 minutes of cardio right after waking up and before my first meal of the day.  So Im like, wait, I eat breakfast before I work out.  The meal plan wants me to eat 5 small meals a day, and im like, how am I going to translate that into my two big meals and one snack per day that Im used to?

Duh, Cristen! You dont fit the plan to your life, you CHANGE YOUR LIFE TO FIT THE PLAN! THATS WHY YOU PAID SO MUCH FOR IT! its also the reason why you dont have the body of your dreams... yet.  If you did, what you are doing would be working and you wouldn't need the plan at all.

This was quite a shock to me.  Now that it is sinking in, I feel more inspired if not a bit overwhelmed.  Luckily, I have about a week to mentally adjust.  Just a heads up to my readers, since the transition will be so traumatizing, you will most likely be hearing a lot about it! haha  The online community looks really supportive, and I am looking forward to making some new friends!

XOXO, Cristen


No comments:

Post a Comment