Monday, January 27, 2014

Today Was An Epic Fail

Nothing went the way it should have today.  **sad face**  I was supposed to get up at 5:30 am, but slept through until 7.  Im actually not upset about that at all, three weeks ago I couldn't get up at 7am if my life depended on it, so there has been positive change.  The problem was that I had planned to cook this really awesome hot breakfast for Maddex, but only had enough time to warm up some frozen whole grain waffles, slather them with peanut butter and shove them sandwich style into his hands as he ran out the door to catch the bus!

Bright and early I got a text from this guy I kind of started dating that I was supposed to stop seeing.  I was planning to give him the "Im sorry, Im so busy right now" speech, but ended up making a breakfast date with him for Thursday morning.  I dont want to see him again, how did this happen?

I made it to the Rec Center at FSU on time and successfully ran 3 miles on their really awesome indoor track.  The air quality here is the central valley has been labeled Unhealthy for weeks now.  That was probably the only thing that went to plan all day.  I came home feeling pretty good, showered, and made myself a Perfect Fit smoothie.

The rest of the day was supposed to go pretty smoothly.  I had class at 12, an orientation for Maddexs after school program at 1:30 and then my BioChem class at 3.  Well, I showed up to my 12 o'clock class (Yoga) in full gear, just to turn around and leave because all she had planned for today was picking up materials.  So I turned around and went home thinking about all the wasted gas I was using.  I get to the orientation on time, just to be greeted by a very annoyed program director, and unfriendly clovis moms.  Not fun.  After about 15 minutes going over the insanely high rates, I decided that there was no way I could afford to put him in this program, and text my dad to let him know that his wife, Lisa, was just going to have to help out a bit more then originally planned (its really not that big of an inconvenience).  Then I faked a stomach ache to get out early.  Classy.

By the time I got out of there, it was too early to head back to school so I went home to eat the left over indian food from my adventure with my bestie Maria last night.  We went to india.  Not really, we discovered a really yummy indian food restaurant, and drooled our way through half the menu.  Even Maddex liked the food (I love my kids adventurous spirit).  I dont know why but about 20 minutes after eating lunch my stomach started to hurt really bad. (Karma?)  I felt bloated and crampy.  It was horrible, so I took a bath and decided I simply couldn't go to my last class.  It just wasn't possible.  Obviously I would have to nap instead.

Literally, the day I was supposed to have didn't happen the way it should have at all.  Currently I am hiding in my room avoiding doing much of anything else.  If there is anything I have learned in my past 29 years, its that if things aren't working out that consecutively, then its best to give up and take a rest day.

Lets hope tomorrow things get back on track.

XOXO, Cristen

No comments:

Post a Comment