Monday, February 17, 2014

Hopeless Romantics Unite!

Valentines Day isn't just about romance.  I use it as a day to really show and tell the people in my life how much I love them.  From making red and pink wrapped candy trails starting at my sons bed leading to a cute gift and card for him to wake up to, to texting my entire phone book red hearts and "I love you"s making sure not to miss anyone.  There are people who think valentines day is just a consumer whores holiday, and that everyday should be a day to bring home flowers and tell the people in your life how much you love them, but honestly if I did a candy trail for Maddex every day then it would get a little boring, plus he'd be like the poster child for childhood obesity.

Two weeks ago, my best friend Mia and I were trying to nail down the next available date we could hang out.  With my crazy school/work schedule, and her crazy work hours, we pretty much have to plan our hangouts in advance, because leaving it up to chance would pretty much guarantee that we would never see each other.  Turns out, the next available time frame we had to work with just happened to be the upcoming Friday: Valentines Day! Her boyfriend had to work during the day, and mine was... sleeping, so we decided that would be fun to have a BFF Valentines Day Extravaganza!

We started our day with spa pedicures at this place she frequents in Clovis.  I hadn't had a pedicure in literally months, so the experience was amazing! I chose a ruby red color, because it was Valentines Day (duh) and plus I always wear light pinks and neutrals, so it was a fun change.  Mia chose a lighter color, which looked really pretty next to her olive(ish) skin.


Maria is vegan, and I am pescetarian, so we both love Whole Foods as a place to grab lunch.  We always know there are going to be more then one option for both of us! Plus their sandwiches are to die for!  They also have a large flower market, and of course for the holiday it was booming! I also picked up some wine for later :)


Next was the big finale to our BFF Valentines Day: a few hours at the spa where we booked a couples massage.  This is funny, because I am used to doing massages solo style, but Mia is a little inexperienced so she really wanted me in the room.  For her 24th birthday I booked us spa treatments at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo, and accidentally booked us a couples massage! It was my first spa experience so I didn't really know what I was doing, but it was super fun anyway! So to relive that amazing day, we went in together again! Ive known Mia since we were in the 7th grade, so it wasn't weird at all.  


After the massages were over we sat in the steam room for a while and then headed home.  I had to work that night, but she was making a romantic dinner for her boyfriend.  While on a delivery, she called me.  Her boyfriend had proposed! They love each other so much, I was ecstatic for her!!! Still am!


After work I made some white wine mixed with pomegranate Italian soda and dropped in a couple raspberries.  My boyfriend came over and we drank a few bottles and laughed, talked, watch some movies.  it was the perfect end to the perfect day.


Happy Valentines Day everyone!

XOXO, Cristen



No comments:

Post a Comment