Monday, April 14, 2014

Back On Track!


Its been 10 days since my last post, but you cant judge me!  I told you I have a lot going on right now, and I may have underestimated exactly how much energy was required to executing all the tasks.  I would so much rather sit here on blogger posting all my inner thoughts, inspirations, and advice, as well as reading all of yours! This is just what the end of a semester looks like.  Taking a small break from researching weather or not all violent psychopaths had traumatic childhoods, I decided to stop in here for some public journaling!

Its been a struggle to leave the house lately, as for the past three weeks I have really let myself go and gained about 10 pounds.  That seems like a lot for just 3 weeks, but hey, humans are funny that way.  I know better.  I feel better when I am taking care of myself, and since nutrition is my passion and career goal, I feel an extra push to be a role model in that department.  I don't mean I need to look like a supermodel! I just need to be healthy and make healthy choices at least 80% of the time.  When it becomes 40% of the time, then we have a problem.  SO this week I have been on a steady diet of:

  • tuna fish
  • salads full of arugula, spinach, shaved Brussels sprouts, and kale
  • quinoa and roasted veggies (pre made- microwave ready whenever the desire hits)
  • bananas
  • vegan protein powder mixed with unsweetened vanilla almond milk
That is pretty much where the list ends because my grocery budget didn't stretch much beyond $40 this week, but since Maddex is with his dad until Friday it works.  Speaking of Maddex I miss him like CRAZY! On one hand, not needing to entertain him over the break is a blessing because I have so much work to do, but on the other, I am a MOM FIRST, and I miss my baby boy.  To be fair he is hanging with his pops, which he doesn't get to do very often, so I will sit back with my tail between my legs and pout silently in a dark corner.

Oh and while we are on the topic of tails!!!! Denver came to visit again last week.  He is so "awesome".  I was having a crappy week last week, so when he came over I was finally happy again.  There is something so powerful about the presence of an animal.  They are so magical.  Even lizards.

In between all the homework, I have been trying to get back into shape because the Tone It Up bikini series 2014 starts on April 28th!!!! I am so excited about what these girls have in store for all of us on the TIU Team, and I want to be ready for it!  The series is free! so if you want to do it with me then you should sign up HERE!




“xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment