Wednesday, October 15, 2014

To Catch A Date: The Experiment



Yesterday morning, my sister wanted to meet me at Starbucks.  Jumping at any chance to see her (she is moving at the end of the month to Arizona), and of course being addicted to my new baby niece, I said yes.  As soon as I met her in the parking lot I unstrapped that baby from her carrier so I could once again hold an angel in my arms.  This Starbucks just happened to be two doors down from the pizza place I work at, so on a whim I marched her over to meet my boss.

After a few minutes of oooh-ing ans awww-ing everyone had come to the consensus that she was, in fact, quite adorable.  We all playfully shunned my poor sister for moving at the end of the month, and then we said goodbye.  Afterwards, my sis and I went to go get that coffee, and chatted about kids, lactation, and other boring things.

Later that night, I reported to work excited to bring joy to the every-man via pizza showing up at their door like magic.  The service I provide is one step down from wizardry, and I like it that way.  Boss began to chat with me and the conversation went something like this:

Boss: you know, seeing you with a baby earlier today was really sweet.  I think you should have one of your own.
Me: um, I have one, remember? Maddex?
Boss: yeah, and Maddex wants a new brother or sister!
Me: Maddex doenst know what he wants
Boss: well first we need to find you a real man.  No more of these "kids", but someone who will take care of you the right way.
Me: yeah, ok (laughing) and where do you suppose I find one of those?
Boss: you have to go out into the world.
Me: No, I dont do that.  I come here, I go to school, the rest of the time I hang out in my room with my cat.  I like it that way.  Stop looking at me like that.
Boss: Cristen, you need to put yourself out there.
Me: what does that even mean??
Boss: Go one evening to get a Starbucks, sit at a table, read a book!
Me: and some great guy is just going to magically come up to me and ask me out? its that easy?
Boss: yes.
Me: ha!
Boss: it doesnt have to be a coffee shop.  Go out and see a movie by yourself.
Me: I do that.
Boss: Go to a nice, upscale place, like a wine bar, sit down have a glass of wine, order an appetizer.  Dress professionally.  I guarantee you'll find a nice guy.
Me: Boss, isnt that kind of pathetic.  I dont want to be one of "those girls"
Boss: older women do it all the time.
Me: Ill think about it.

Then I ran out the door with two deliveries.  But he got me thinking, is that really how people meet other people in this world? Should I at least give it a shot? Just to see what might happen?  What could I possibly lose?  Then I thought that it might be kind of a fun experiment.

So! Long story short: Ive decided to go out into the world 4 times within this next week.

1) Coffee shop to read a book
2) Go out to a movie
3) Go to a wine bar (I have a specific one in mind) to order wine and an appetizer
4) Browse the bookstore (I figure id actually find a guy id like at a bookstore)

The challenge: Im going to give it a shot.  I will record my experiences and share them here on the blog.  My hypothesis: Nothing will happen.  But I guess we will see!

8 comments:

  1. SO. WEIRD.
    Or you just have to come back to SLO more often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! My dad is always trying to get me to do those things to haha Looking forward to reading how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever follow through? I'm curious about the wine bar. :) I went to a sports bar by myself once due to an insatiable craving for a the trip-tip sandwich they serve there, and I made friends with the bartender. He even remembered me when I came back a long time later! It was a fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are always telling me the same thing. I need to get out there and put myself out there. I could see myself going to Starbucks and sitting with a book and going to a bookstore. I am not a bar person. Although, I have been to a classy wine bar before and it was fun. I am curious how it turned out if you did try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How To Get Your husband Back & Avoid Divorce,Love Spells That Really Work Fast

    Great article! I hope this helps a lot of women out there.
    Fix your marriage and relationship after a breakup or divorce, 100% guarantee Love spell..! A very big problem occurred in my Marriage seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce. he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited. I sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day. What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me, and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 7 months, gave me a call to inform me that he is coming back. So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there if you have any problem contact Dr Trust, i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you.. Email him at: Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com or Ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com Call +2348156885231 Web:https://ultimatespellcast9.wixsite.com/dr-trust Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW TO GET OVER MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS:LOVE SPELL

    Hello to you all,i want to use this time to thank Dr. Trust for what he has done for me last week here ,my names are Gabi Lauren Wyatt from Australia,i wanna tell you that me and my husband were together for three years without any trouble nor quarrel, we gave birth to a daughter during this three years and we were good until my husband started having affairs with his co-worker and then him started staying away from home all night and days and he was no longer the man i use to know,him later filed for divorce and ask me and my daughter to go out of his life , at this time i was carrying another child inside of me and now i was so frustrated and was in pains i tried telling him what him was doing was not right , but him wouldn't listen to any body,so i went to my mum house with my child and one day as i was browsing i came a cross a story about this Dr.Trust how he help a lady called Kimberly and i was touched with the story because it was almost same as mine, so i decided to contact him for help at first i was so so scared because many other spell casters that i have tried earlier took me for fool and went away with my money,but due to the line of the story i read about him and gave him my last try with faith and i told him all that has happened. He assure me that i will see result within two days and i told him that many others has told me this before, but nothing work out,him made a statement that many are called but few were chosen. which means him is not like others,so i said okay that was how him finally make my man comes back and it was like a surprise to me and today am a happy person. Now the most perfect thing is that he can’t spend a minute without seeing me or calling me. I gave Dr. Trust a call regarding sudden change of my husband and he made it clear to me that my husband will love me till the end of the world,that he will never leave my sight. Now me and my husband is back together again and has started doing pleasant things he hasn’t done before, he makes me happy and do what he is suppose to do as a man without nagging. Email him for any kind of help you may need

    Email: Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com Or Ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com
    Website: https://ultimatespellcast9.wixsite.com/dr-trust
    Phone number:+2348156885231

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lost love spell,Marriage spell,Return back your lover like,Husband wife Ex Lover Call +2348156885231.

    Am writing this article to thank Dr.Trust for the wondrous miracle that he did for me because he helped me recently to bring back my Ex husband. Thank you sir for your genuine spells. This is really incredible,I have never experienced anything like this in my life. Before i met you Sir, i have tried every probable means that i could to get my husband back, but i actually came to realize that nothing was working out for me, and that my husband had developed lot of hatred for me.. I thought there was no hope to reunite with my husband. But when i read good reviews about how Dr.Trust help others get back there ex lovers, make others to win big on lottery, cure of any sickness. I decided to give it a try and i did everything that he instructed me and i Trusted him and followed his instructions just as he guaranteed me in 48 hours, and that was exactly when my husband called me and come back to me.. I'm so happy for the good work you did for me. We are more contented now than ever. Everything looks perfect and so natural! Thank you so much Sir for your authentic and indisputable spells. Email him now for help {Ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com or Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com} call +2348156885231 Web site https://ultimatespellcast9.wixsite.com/dr-trust Thanks Sir for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to use this opportunity to appreciate the great spell caster Lord Afar for helping me get back my relationship with my boyfriend when he ended and turned his back on me for quite a long period of time.I have great joy in me as i am writing this testimony about the great man called Lord Afar When my lover left me, and i never taught that i will be able to get him back after all he has put me through, But i am so happy that after the interference of Lord Afar i was able to get my lover back after 24 hours and i can proudly to say, that who ever need help in getting their lover back should contact Lord Afar @ ancientpowerfulspell@outlook.com/website:http://ancientpowerfulspell.webs.com . I thought I should share my experience cause I strongly believe someone out there needs it. Once again thank you so much sir for your spell.

    ReplyDelete