Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Best Mothers Day

When you have a little boy, low self-esteem be damned.  He looks at me like I am the most beautiful, intelligent, most amazing woman in the world.  He whole-heartedly believes that I can do anything, will do anything, and be the picture of grace while doing it.  That kind of love and admiration is beautiful… and motivating as I fully intend to exceed every one of his expectations.

I woke up this morning to the sunlit promise of a beautiful day shining through my window.  My cat, Ackles was curled up in a kitten ball next to my pillow (his declaration of true love), and the sound of my son playing his minecraft game down the hall.  Once I emerged from my comfortable oasis, the arms of my true love, 8 years and counting, immediately surrounded me, trapping me in the best bear hug I’ve ever felt.  “Happy Mothers Day, Mommy!” And that would have been enough to make this the best mothers day so far, but Maddex and I had plans for the whole day, which began with one bubble bath for mommy accompanied by the latest issue of InStyle!


We also decided that M&Ms would be the official mothers day candy from here on out, seeing how are initials are M and M (Maddex and Mommy).  This revelation is so appropriate as I was addicted to peanut butter M&Ms during the first half of my pregnancy.


Maddex first fell in love with Spiderman at the ripe age of 2, so going to see the new film out in theaters was an obvious task.  The movie was surprisingly funny, but also surprisingly heart-wrenching.  It kind of left me in a funky mood, but I powered through the rest of the day!



Then we settled in to do what I really wanted to do: have a painting party! We bought canvas, acrylic paint, some brushes, and decided to let our creativity flow.  I had this great idea to paint our hand prints on canvas.  This picture was taken in poor lighting, but its a really pretty gray background, my print is pink, and Maddexs is blue.  I will treasure this picture forever.


Maddex and I are both really active people, so going on a bike ride in the evening was the perfect way to end the perfect day.  Also we needed to try to burn off some of the excess calories we consumed from all those M&Ms.  We had such beautiful weather, I was prepared to go forever, but Maddexs little legs just couldnt keep up, so we went back home after about 3 miles.  

Mobil selfies are hard! 

All in all it was a really great, yet exhausting day.  As I write this I am distracted by the bottle of wine I bought earlier this week.  I want some, so with that, I leave you!

“xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a PERFECT day and I'm glad you were able to enjoy it so much! I love you.

    ReplyDelete